Monday, October 27, 2008

"Homemade Pizza" I'm in the cooking mood.

Someone tried the Pizza Soup and loved it, so I thought I'd pass on another family favorite with many of the same ingredients. "Homemade Pizza"

Here is how I make my pizza's. They are a hit in my family also.

Homemade Pizza
First I use the cheap little boxes of "Jiffy" pizza crust mix. I make two large pizza's so I use 4 boxes. (We like left overs and usually have guests) If you have a smaller family you could use 2. I've shown a picture of the box so you know what to look for if you decide to try this.


Ingredients:

4 boxes of Jiffy pizza crust mixes
Powdered garlic... (it's also yummy to use some fresh also)
Hamburger
Italian seasoning
Oregano seasoning
I jar of spaghetti sauce
2 tomatoes
1 zucchini
1 onion
Mushrooms
1bag of mozzarella cheese
1bag of Mexican Style four cheese (finely shredded)

*********
Okay, I start by browning in a skillet a small amount of hamburger and drain off the grease. Then I heavily season with the Italian seasoning. (set this aside for later)

Pre-heat oven to 425*

Then, in a bowl I mix my pizza crust (follow the directions on box) It's very simple. All you do is add water stir and let sit for 5 minutes in a warm place. Then, after 5 minutes you are supposed to knead it on a floured board...But, this is where I stray a bit. Instead of kneading on a floured board, I spray my hands with "Pam" cooking spray and I also spray the ball of dough. Then, I sprinkle the counter with tons of powered garlic and I knead the dough on top of the garlic blending it within the dough. I use a lot of garlic and it's even good at this point if you have it to press some fresh garlic into the dough. Respray the dough and roller with pam often if needed. I then roll it out onto the pizza stone or pan. If you are using a pan rather then a stone, spray the pan first.
After the dough is spread out, put it in the oven for 2-3 minutes then take it out and begin adding your toppings.

(The crust is semi cooked)


I place toppings in the following order upon the crust:
I first spread the crust with my spaghetti sauce. Then, I season with more Italian seasoning and some oregano seasoning. Add your hamburger, onions (if you like them), zucchini, (about 1/2 inch thick slices..maybe just a bit smaller),sliced mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, Mexican cheese, sprinkle again with some Italian seasoning and oregano seasoning, and lastly top with (thinly sliced) tomatoes.

Then I place into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top and crust is golden brown.

It's so pretty to have the tomato's on top over the different colored cheeses. I know that putting the zucchini on pizza sounds odd but, believe it or not, everyone is surprised and loves it. This pizza is very thick and very filling. Most people can only eat a few slices and are stuffed.

It's VERY good! I hope you try it.

No comments: