Monday, October 20, 2008

Starting Injections

Today I went in for my diabetic check-up and also to start a new injectable medication call Byette. I’ve been a bit nervous to start injections but after praying about it; decided it was what I should do. One of the possible side effects of this medication is weight loss. I’m hoping this will be the case with me. After starting the diabetic medications I’ve currently on, I’ve put on 30 lbs and it’s been really hard to accept. So, I’m praying, praying, praying that I have great results with Byette.


Levi was my buddy today and he was a pretty good boy for the most part. He did decide to dig his powder out from my purse and shook it all over himself and the chair he was sitting on. LOL Other than that, he did fine.


The doctor’s office was great. They set me up with my first month’s worth of Byette and needles. The Byette shots are taken twice daily. They also gave me an inhaler, and a new box of Accu Strips (Yay!), and sent me to the lab to get blood drawn for my levels to be checked.



They also gave me the results of my recent sonogram and uterine biopsy. EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT AND THERE IS NO SIGN OF ABNORMALITIES…LIKE POLYPS OR CANCER! Thank you Jesus!!!
The doctor did say that the lining of my uterus looked like it was slightly decreasing in thickness and that is what she likes to see. I will again be checked in another 6 months.

This is the nice looking young man named Cordeus (Isn’t that a great name?) that drew my blood for the level check. He was very sweet and allowed me to take his picture for my blog. LOL

He did a great job and it hardly hurt a bit.



Giving yourself injections is such a creepy thought. My heart goes out to those that have to do it and don’t have a choice about it. My doctor recommended this for me a few months ago, but I just couldn’t get myself to accept it. Then, this last month, I just felt I was ready. I knew that in order to do an embryo adoption, I’d have to do injections for my body to accept the embryos and also because I am a diabetic, I would have to switch to injections for the pregnancy. So, I figure that there is no way around it; I should accept it, bite the bullet, and start the Byette now.

Here is me giving myself my first shot.



Tonight for dinner we had Chinese food and my fortune cookie said, “You should be able to undertake and complete anything you desire.” Hummm… pretty appropriate, huh?

I can do All things through Christ Who strengthens me.


Awww… Even injections!

No comments: