Friday, August 28, 2009

Birth Family Sleep-over

Thought I'd share some pictures of the "Birth Family Sleepover" we had in January. Not everyone was able to come and originally this event was called a "Girls Night" but when Travis and TJ and Levi ended up with us and it turned into much more.


Here are the kids
Top Row: Kathryn (Bailey's BM's daughter), TJ (Addison's BFamily's son)
Middle Row: Tyler (Addison's BFamily's daughter), Addison (our daughter), Madison (Bailey's BF's daughter), Bailey (our daughter), Levi (our son)


Even though it was a girls night... Travis (Addison's BF) dropped in on our fun. I loved that he was there. But I felt so bad that I didn't have Will (Bailey's BF) with us as well. He and Travis would have had a great time. Travis was so sweet... He even fixed my broken kitchen drawer. Thank you Travis!


We had a massive game of solitaire going on. What a crazy mess..but OH THE FUN!!!

We had pizza, veggie & dip, snack foods, pop and everything you could imagine to feed this hungry crew.

Kathryn was watching Wall-E on the tv.

Tyler getting her nails painted. They had some pretty wild colors

The girls made princess party hats and wore them the entire time. :)) I thought they were really creative.

This is down in the game room when we were winding down and getting ready to sleep. This was us all passing around the lotion. Michelle slept on a make shift bed in Bailey's room. Kathryn slept in Addison's bed upstairs, Shay slept on the couch, and the three younger girls slept on the floor in the game room. Levi and I slept in our own beds.

This is Morris our cat... poor Morris had never been loved so much. hahahaha He did eventually end up sleeping with Michelle.

This is breakfast the next morning. We were still so tired and Shay brought the most delicious coffee and creamer to wake us all up. Thank you Shay. :)) Yummm

This is the girls playing dress up. They looked like such beautiful princesses.

Even Kathryn joined into the fun of dress up. It was so cute.

And what party would be a party if you didn't get your hair curled?

This was Tyler and Addison in the car as I was driving her home. Tyler touched my heart as they were preparing to go home. She had tears in her eyes and I said... Tyler are you crying? She said... No but I knew that she was. I said...Tyler, all you have to do is call me anytime, make me feel guilty by saying that you miss me and I'll come get you any weekend. She smiled and said.. Okay. I then hugged her and went into the bathroom. While in there I heard her tell the other girls what I had said and then she and Addison started practicing how they should whine and cry to be affective when she calls. hahahaha Those girls are a hoot!

Madison and Bailey

I looked a mess... didn't get any sleep...

played my heart out ....

and LOVED every minute that we were all together.

These ladies mean the world to me and I LOVE THEM!!! We are all talking about a camping and canoe trip this summer. Michelle has never slept in a tent and I don't care where we go as long as we are all together and having a great time. That's all that matters to me. :))

Although these are some pretty awful pictures...I needed a shower and some much needed sleep!!! I wanted to post them anyway because they are so special and show how beautiful open adoption truly can be. :))
t.

No comments: