Monday, October 13, 2008

Apple Crisp, A Fever...And A Great Love For My Daughter

I asked Bailey what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday and she said she didn’t want a cake this year but wanted an apple crisp instead. So… Today, I’m sick with a fever and Bailey looks at me and said…”Mom, you don’t have to make it, I can tell you really are sick.” She was being so nice that it gave me the energy to get up and make it for her no matter how I felt. I thought I’d share some pics of making her birthday apple crisp.

Richard and Bailey were my photographers

Apple Crisp Topping

2 c. flour
1 ½ c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder

Mix well, then add 2 beaten eggs. Mix with a fork and make crumbs. Sprinkle on top of apples. Pour 1 c. melted butter over the top. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake in a 350* oven for 45 minutes.


I had the ingredients out and the apples sliced. Everything was going well until...

Most likely due to my fever, this is where I messed up. I forgot to add the eggs before I dumped the mixture onto the apples. LOL

This is me pulling out the apples and putting them into another bowl.
(rolling eyes) hahaha

Okay back on track... adding the eggs.

I did not dump all of this butter on it. Again... Blame it on the fever I melted too much butter. LOL

WALLLAH! It's done! Pretty yummy looking considering all things. :))

While the apple crisp was baking, my sister Janene came over and took some pictures of Levi and Addison outside. This one turned out so cute of the two of them.

No comments: